1) Kiiko Matsumoto Style(KMS) acupuncture utilizes a systematic, easy to learn, palpatory method which is designed to provide instant feedback. When using this system, a KMS practitioner follows a palpation sequence which, both establishes a diagnosis and suggests several treatment options which might be effective for treating a particular patient.
2) Kiiko Matsumoto Style acupuncture is largely defined by its use of a highly systematized method of palpation. Palpation is the ability to gain information through touch. This method evolved to an extraordinary level of sophistication in Japanese acupuncture for a very unusual reason. Since as early as the Edo Period (1602-1868) Japanese acupuncture was a profession practiced largely by the blind.
This fact carries through to the present day in that one of the primary influences in the development of KMS acupuncture comes from Master Nagano who is a blind acupuncturist. Once learned, palpation becomes an easy to use method for obtaining instant feedback as to the patient’s condition
of health. The diagnosis and treatment strategies follow one another in one circular motion. Specific active reflexes suggest the diagnosis and the treatment efficacy be established by changes in the same reflexes.
3) Kiiko Matsumoto Style addresses the patient’s health issues from several levels. By looking more deeply into the structural and or constitutional imbalances, which often underlie a patient’s symptomatic complaints, the practitioner is able to assist in a more complete and lasting healing. It is precisely this holistic approach which gives a KMS acupuncturist the ability to help patients with the most complex issues. Often by seeing the patient’s problem from this broader perspective, the practitioner can solve difficult cases.
4) The practitioner using Kiiko Matsumoto Style acupuncture is part of a living tradition (learn more).
The teachings of this system come directly from first-hand experience gained from some of Japan’s greatest acupuncturists. Kiiko Matsumoto, whose clinical experience spans more than thirty-five years, still continues her education by traveling at least twice a year to Japan to study with their masters.
Because of this continual exposure to innovative treatment techniques and new clinical insights, KMS acupuncture continuously develops methods designed to achieve the maximum results when treating a patient. A living system of acupuncture must by definition reflect the changing needs of the time in
which it is practiced and incorporate the technological improvements at it’s disposal. A living system is also continuously learning and deepening its understanding to provide a more complete treatment strategy and clinical results. The diagnostic and treatment methods being taught in this system
accurately represent the clinical experience of some of Japan’s most respected master acupuncturists.
5) The eclectic nature of Kiiko Matsumoto Style of acupuncture give the practitioner a wide number of viable options from which to choose to create an effective treatment plan which addresses the individual needs of each patient. This style of acupuncture is imminently suited to the diverse needs of our patient population.
Disclaimer: Kiiko Matsumoto does not endorse lasers and other commercial products. Only authentic products and techniques as used by Masters Nagano, Kawaii and Manaka are recommended.
Schedule your appointment online
We are open six days a week, with appointment times available all day.